This marks the last post of the year as we’ll be on sabbatical from December until early next year. Hearty thanks to everyone who showed up, spent time here and gave us their sentiments online or in person. I believe the only way to change the world is one person at a time. You’re our one person. 🙂
As I wind down 2018, these are some of the thoughts I’m carrying with me:
- You don’t have to have a big title to wield powerful influence. My greatest joys and deepest disappointments in the marketplace have come from people who either chose to value their positions and serve well or absconded their responsibility for whatever reason. Their choices in turn had pretty powerful ramifications in my own life. So what you have in your hands matters far less than what you do with what you have.
- Sometimes following God looks like dancing to a tune that no one else can hear yet. And that’s okay.
- My definition of success has been turned inside out. The things that I thought mattered, don’t; and those that do are simpler and more powerful than I ever imagined.
- God sustains what He ordains. It’s not gimmicky Christianese. He truly does.
- Building for generations to come costs more in every sense. It’s slow, consuming work. Quick wins are not so quick. But it’s worth every penny from heart and pocket to hear God say – well done.
Happy Holidays waaaaay in advance!
See you in 2019! If that feels like forever away, you can always check out our Archives for posts you may have missed or may need to read again.
Leave a Reply